WB’s mission is to build infrastructures and environments to help their clients work better. They offer:
- information technology consulting,
- security consulting,
- inspection services,
- civil engineering services.
Recently, they turned that same initiative on themselves, and upgraded their processes.
With a vision to transform building infrastructure and environments to transform business, WB Engineers+Consultants provides professional engineering services. They offer information technology, security consulting, inspection, and civil engineering services to clients across all sectors throughout the United States.
Custom setup for Power App
WB Engineers+Consultants has 12 offices and 150 professionals spread across the country. However, they lacked a central database for staff members to track client and prospect relationships, share project information, and update progress. Instead, they relied on spreadsheets and email to share and organize information.
WB knew they wanted to elevate their processes by transitioning to utilizing Microsoft products. They had the solution in place, but for several years they struggled to find a partner to set it up according to their needs. While the team was motivated to get the project done, given the slow progress they were doubtful whether it would actually happen.
Identify what a business needs for Power App
WB contacted us based on a recommendation from another client. We quickly earned WB’s respect and became part of their team, something they were missing with the consultants they had previously engaged.
To get a good understanding of what WB wanted for its business goals, we took the time to ask questions and run through various scenarios. In addition to needing a single place to manage relationships and projects, we learned that leadership was technology-driven, metrics-focused, and wanted to automate processes.
Based on their specifications, we built and implemented a Power App build on Microsoft’s Power Platform, including:
- Configuring Who Knows Whom functionality to help WB win business by leveraging existing relationships
- Setting up Tracking to allow staff members to easily upload email messages, contacts, tasks, and appointments in the centralized database
- Integrating DotDigital into Power App to help WB automate its email marketing and collect and track customer data
Workflows simplified with low code dev
Since we launched, the WB team is getting used to the new platform. In a short time, the solution has already:
- Given leadership greater visibility and insight into metrics and progress toward goals
- Simplified and streamlined work by eliminating the need to rely on email to share information and move projects forward
- Provided team members with a sense of relief that the platform is functional and excitement about how it will improve their business processes and strategy
“This is an important long-term relationship for us. Our list of ideas is long. It is nice to know we are going to be working with Root16,” Julie Pampuch, Principal at WB Engineers+Consultants.