On July 18, 2023, Microsoft unveiled the 2023 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. This release wave is scheduled to launch between October 2023 and March 2024 and is set to bring some cool new capabilities.
Most exciting new features? Innovative AI capabilities, seamless process automation, and new low-code tools.
- Release Planner: To make the Wave 2 rollout experience smoother, Microsoft introduced the release planner—an impressively organized project management tool for their D365 and Power Platform releases. There are a lot of cool things about this from increased transparency to personalization. We love that it gives users the flexibility to save, filter, sort, and effortlessly share plans according to what they need and care about.
- D365 Upgrades: With the upcoming wave, Dynamics 365 will experience significant upgrades across various applications, targeting diverse aspects of business operations, and elevating capabilities. Here are a few of our favorites:
- D365 Marketing: Quick experience creation with Copilot. Unmatched personalization in emails. B2B dashboards for alignment with sellers. Direct lead assignments for a unified buying journey.
- D365 Sales: Manage digital sales with sequences. Improved lead assignments with recommendations and data summarization.
- Microsoft Viva Sales: Elevate sellers with AI capabilities. Real-time sales tips. New Teams collaboration spaces. Accelerated deal progression with sales Copilot.
- D365 Finance: Enhanced data visibility and automation. Expanded country coverage in LATAM. Automate complex tax scenarios and e-invoicing.
- Supply Chain Management: Optimize processes for agility and resilience. Improved sales, procurement, and warehouse functionalities.
- D365 Project Operations: Improved services procurement and project contracting. Enhanced pricing models and resource recommendations.
- Click here to see a full list of updates included in Wave 2 for D365.
- Power Platform Upgrades: The Power Platform users can also rejoice as the 2023 release wave 2 brings many enhancements. Here’s what we are excited about.
- Power BI: Improved creation experience with Microsoft 365 alignment. More parity on the web. Power Query diagram view in Power BI Desktop. Enhanced meetings and multitasking for teams. GIT and source control integration for better collaboration on BI solutions.
- Power Apps: Expanded Copilot for AI-assisted experiences to boost developer productivity. Natural language for all users and insights for admins. Modern controls, rich collaborative experiences, improved deployment, and governance support for organization-wide low code enablement.
- Power Automate: Easier flow building with natural language across cloud and desktop flows. Improved process mining for automation. Unified activity view and deeper notifications for better work management.
- Power Virtual Agents: General Availability for Multi-Lingual bot support, Generative Answers and Actions, Standalone IVR, IVR integration with Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and Conversational Language Understanding service.
- AI Builder: Easily process structured and unstructured documents. Use GPT for pre-generated responses. Human validation station for content enhancement.
- Click here to see a full list of updates included in Wave 2 for Power Platform.
Ready to check out the changes now?
The early access period begins on July 31 and allows customers and partners to test and validate the latest features in a non-production environment. These features include user experience enhancements, automatically activated for users in production environments from October 2023.
This early access provides an opportunity to explore and try out the updates, plan effectively for customer rollouts, and ensure a smooth transition.
The future of digital transformation is here, and we are excited to be a part of it!