Microsoft is taking data to the next level by using it to reduce friction and make a better experience for customers and employees. As many of you know, Tuesday Microsoft hosted a launch event to share their latest updates to Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
If you weren’t able to attend, here are a few of the highlights:
- In the past, it would take data scientists weeks to analyze data to predict behavior and trends. By removing data silos into one central hub (D365), multiple predictive models can be created on the fly. D365 customers can now create a rich picture of how customers are engaging with their digital assets allowing for real-time customer journey orchestration.
- For example, by connecting D356 with a 3rd party app to import senior job titles, you can now compare the digital browsing trends by position. In turn, this means that you can fully customize their experience by personalizing the content this will receive.
- With Microsoft’s new email editor assisted by AI, you can see recommendations of images based on their interests. It’s not just emails either, you can now personalize your customers journey via SMS campaigns as well.
- When a customer calls your company, instead of listening to a recorded script to find out which number to press, customers are personally triaged using Power Virtual Agents. Their new conversational AI learns the needs of the customer can connect them with an expert that matches their specific needs (even if they have multiple requests). This AI can also be customized based on industry-specific jargon to ensure that your customers are understood the first time.
- Now when a customer calls into your business, the system transcribes the conversation in real-time so the agent can focus on the customers’ needs instead of taking notes. AI helps agents by automatically flagging key action items to ensure things don’t fall through the cracks.
- Since every industry is unique, Microsoft is tailoring their products accordingly. They are rolling out customized industry specific clouds for the following business sectors: retail, healthcare, nonprofits, manufacturing, and financial services. Below is an example of how they have customized their retail cloud.
- B2B clients were not forgotten in their updates. The retail cloud now offers templates to make bulk order completion more efficient. They also all buyers to group products together to make purchasing easy. Lastly, a new feature allowing buyers to request the order be billed to their account drastically reduced friction making the purchase process quick and easy.
- Prior to this release, the licensing of Power BI premium was only available at an organization level with a cost $5,000/month. As of April 2nd, 2021, Power BI Premium can now be purchased at a User level for only $20/user per month. Below you will see the features of this premium plan.
- New and enhanced governance, security, and administration capabilities to enable IT professionals to safely manage and scale the growth of low-code solutions within the organization.