While May the 4th is a big day for a lot of people in our industry, it’s an even bigger day for us as it marks our 1 year anniversary as Root16. Looking back, it’s been a great year filled with success, learnings and a lot of laughs. When we started Root16 our goal was to:
- Build a company we were proud to work at
- Build, attract, and retain a team of top talent
- Make it an environment where we were excited to come to work everyday
- Create a place with great customers that we can partner with, and really change the way they work – not just be a vendor.
- Last, but certainly not least, have fun
So far, we’ve exceeded our goals on all fronts and show no sign of slowing down. We’re a firm believer in the ‘it takes a village’ and need to send a special thanks to everyone we’ve leaned on along the way:
- Our team, without them we aren’t a company
- Our customers, they’re the reason we’re here
- All of the advice, guidance and support we’ve gotten along the way. We never thought we would lean on our family, friends and networks as much as we have. The blatant openness, and willingness to help, has made our journey that much easier, and that much more successful.
To commemorate our first year, we wanted to do something tangible as opposed to virtual (since everything has been virtual this year), so we opted for Star Wars bobbleheads of our team members (including a couple recent additions). If you are on any Teams meetings with us over the next few weeks, you’ll probably see one or two of these in the background.
We have a lot more work to do, and are more excited about our potential today than we were a year ago, here’s to year two (here’s to hoping its better than Episode 2). If you are at all interested in learning more about us, our organization and what we do, please reach out to us.
And we haven’t mentioned it lately, but we are still hiring — if you think you might be a good fit and are interested in a change, check out our open positions.
…and May the 4th be with you, always!